|Timiarah's Monte Carlo 3|
Spent about two hours on this today. It's funny how I always think something is going to go smoothly and then an unforeseen issue arises. I got stuck with the fuel injectors for a good half hour just trying to get the three caps back on that came off when I pulled the rail. I'm not sure how to explain it other than to say that they kept going on sideways, and I needed them to go on straight. I had to struggle with them and remember not to get frustrated with them, hammer them, and break them. Lol. I am not the most gentle person with hammers or wrenches as you can see by my over-torquing incident yesterday. That's not the first thing I broke for not being gentle enough.
I put my new bypass pipe on today, too. I had to replace the old one because I broke the bleeder screw many moons ago. See. That didn't really help my overheating issues as some of them occurred because I couldn't really bleed the system properly. I did okay using the other bleeder screw and some other bleeding methods, but it still wasn't proper without this bleeder screw functioning, and it caused issues.
The bypass pipe didn't want to go all the way down in its hole. I ended up messing with that for a while. I think I did well today, though. I only intended to put the fuel rail back on, but I ended up reconnecting a few things here and there along the way. I still have some missing screws I didn't put on yet. I got very tired, and I haven't even started my workday yet. Just some notes. Tomorrow I'll be getting into some of the intricate stuff. It's just a big layer cake. One layer at a time. One thing at a time. One day at a time. That's all I can do.